The Shield on Wheels Academy was founded by Scott Meier. His long experience in law enforcement, domestically and internationally, have provided the skill set required to properly teach and train others.
About the owner:
- 29 years Law Enforcement experience, which includes 10 years International Law Enforcement experience.
- Over 40 years experience with bicycle service, starting with growing up in a Schwinn family bicycle shop during his teenage years.
- Experience organizing and establishing two Police/Security bicycle patrol units within the past 17 years in Houston, Texas and while working overseas as a United Nations Police Officer in Ferizaj, Kosovo.
- Currently holds an International Police Mountain Bike Association Instructors certificates in security cyclist, police cyclist, and EMS cyclist.
- Also holds a certificate as a certified IPMBA mountain bike mechanic, and a certificate as a bicycle response team member.